Saturday 15 June 2013

Mid-June

On Wednesday, I participated in Windreach Farm's World Wide Knit in Public Day where I taught 45 very well-behaved Grade 8 students how to knit. I was only given 1/2 hour per group so my helpers and I cast on a dozen or so stitches and knit one row and had the knitting ready to put in the kids' hands. It was a very successful event. Fortunately in each group of 15 there were a couple of kids who already knew how to knit so they were my helpers.

I didn't get any photos of the event because I was busier than the proverbial one-armed wallpaper hanger. I did, however, receive a lovely thank-you gift of a basket with two felted Yardley Lavender soaps. 
The fleece is from sheep raised on the farm.

Then I whipped up to Uxbridge to attend the Shuttlebug's June meeting/pot luck luncheon at Judy F.'s. It was a lovely, sunny day and we were able to dine outdoors.

It was determined at an earlier meeting where we had so much fun wearing Judy's hats, that we should wear hats or fascinators to the June meeting. I got to reprise the fascinator I wore to Lorna's wedding.


Dini sported a lovely hat and modeled the beautiful scarf she wove with tencel using the warp that was dyed at an earlier meeting.
Judy's backyard and garden were verdant and serene. There was a brief business portion to the meeting
and then we chowed down.
On display was the yarn we had dyed last month at Gayle's.
Some people have been weaving samples for a major project the guild is undertaking over the next couple of years.
Although we don't meet formally again until September. Many of us will meet up at the community centre to weave throughout the summer. I'm hoping to get up there and weave my first teatowel.

No comments:

Post a Comment