Saturday 22 November 2014

Linen Scarf - Done, Done, Done!

Back in 2011 I started this linen stitch scarf with three different colourways of Koigu yarn.
It was not a stimulating knit and I put it down for three years until I picked it up last May and finished knitting it.

Then there was the issue of how to deal with the fringe. For the lack of anything better, I tied knots in groups of 3 yarn ends. I did it somewhat evenly but wasn't all that thrilled with the loose yarn ends.
I purchased a fringe twister and promptly put it away unused.

For some reason, today, I did a search on YouTube for making fringe and found this very helpful video.

Inspired, I got to work undoing all the knots I had previously tied and started twisting 6 ends in 3 groups of two.

And before the Boston College/FSU game was over, I had the fringe done!
I haven't decided which side I like better.

I couldn't wait 'til it was light out so here it is.

Skip mentioned he liked the weight of it but he doesn't like fringe. Little does he know, I have another one knit for him without fringe. Heh, heh, heh...
It's Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton & Silk. It might be too colourful for him so I may do another with more manly colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment