Monday 14 March 2016

Ignorance is Bliss...

So, I'm happily knitting away on one of the samples for the upcoming Crystal Cruise. I'm using a beautiful 30/52/18 kid mohair/nylon/polyester yarn from Karabella Yarns called 'Gossamer'. It's going well - is perfect knitting for the binge-watching of various programs. The yarn feels so nice in my hands. I'm remembering the increases on every right side row. Mindless knitting is like palate cleansing sometimes.

So, I'm on row 192 out of 220 of a stocking stitch piece that has increases  on one side to a total of 110 stitches and I'm thinking "I don't know if I'm going to have enough yarn to do the decreases and then the ruffled edge".

So, I decide to have another look at the pattern and realize that I'VE DONE IT ALL WRONG!!!! There were supposed to be increases on BOTH edges which would get me to the 110 total stitches in half the time.

Rip!

Thank goodness this luxurious kid mohair blend yarn is easy to frog. I didn't have to put it in the freezer. There was only the odd snag at some of the edges.

So here we are.
I started the project again and am this far.
The increases on BOTH sides are going well and I'm almost halfway to the decreases for the neck. The curl on the bottom left edge will disappear when I pick up all the stitches on that edge and knit the ruffle.

If you want this exclusive pattern, Gossamer Shawl with Ruffles, you'll just have to take a cruise on a Crystal Cruise ship and buy the kit. (wink, wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment