Saturday 23 July 2016

Knit in Iceland!

Since I learned of the knitting tour to Iceland with Laura Nelkin coming up this September (not the one Alexa, Skip and I are going on) I've yearned to do something like this. Last time I checked, it was full.

I just learned that she is planning another one for next March 23 - 29, 2017 and it looks amazing. Here are the details from her blog. Land tour price is $2550 US (exclusive of flights). I can't tell you enough how enjoyable knitting tours are. The hotels are first-class, many meals are included, the tours are fibre-based, your fellow tourists are like-minded fibrephiles, land tours are an excellent way to explore new territories, and everything is taken care of for you.

I'm going to take a pass on this one this time for two reasons: 1. I'd rather go closer to the summer solstice or afterwards (rather than at the end of winter), and 2. Skip and I will be in the sunny south in March.

But someday...

Hopefully when that day comes, one or two of my knitterly friends will want to join me?

And closer to home, Purlin J of the Roving Yarn truck has organized a one-day bus trip to Twist in Québec for Saturday, August 30. Departures are from Kingston or Brockville. It's a really good deal at $80 CAD. It's not in the cards for me this year but one of you might be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment