Friday 23 December 2016

Yet Another Mitten

I knit another little mitten for my tree. It's number 9 of the Mitten Garland Advent Calendar.
I like the the palm even better. If you squint a bit, you can see where I switched the yarns between hands, making one more dominant than the other - on the rounds adjacent to the crotch of the thumb, the white yarn was dominant as I held it in my left hand. From there to the tip, the grey was in my left hand.
This is the actual size. That palm pattern would work great on a regular-sized mitten with 3 stitches and 3 rows. Again, you can see the white dominance. It's also really visible on the inside but I didn't get a shot of that.
I think this will be my last one for this year. I love the little Latvian braid. The pattern gives very easy instructions for this including the set-up row where you alternate colours. In the future, I need to remember to leave a longer tail at the cuff so I can twist the yarns together to make the hanger.
They'd be great for holding gift cards or other small gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment