Thursday 11 May 2017

Another UFO Finished

I finished the first Mock Cable Sock back in 2011 on my way home from a UK knitting tour.
It's a pattern I improvised using 80 stitches and staggering mock cables.  Instructions are outlined here.

The yarn is lovely, Berocco Ultra Fine alpaca and a beautiful heathered colour (1285) including blue and green fibres. Now that I look at the composition of the yarn, I realize it is rather unsuitable for socks because of the lack of nylon content and alpaca wears through very quickly. Whatever was I thinking?

I found the second sock in a UFO pile and noted that I'd already rounded the heel and only needed to finish the foot and toe.

Ta Da!
It took almost 6 years to finish these? (Sheesh).

I will keep the leftover yarn as I know I will need to darn these suckers in fairly short order.

No comments:

Post a Comment