Thursday 19 April 2018

Little Sheep Virtue

I stitched this Little House Needleworks' Little Sheep Virtues piece in only a couple of sessions.
I substituted DMC 814 for the heart and equation. The lilac colour originally charted was not to my liking. I also did a Rhodes heart instead of a cross-stitched one.
It's about 10cm x 10cm. I'm not sure how I'll finish it. Maybe a flatfold finish or possibly a little pillow. For now, it will go on the pile of stitched pieces.

At my embroidery guild on Tuesday night, we learned a woven technique and worked on a little stitched piece - a woven vase with leaves and flowers. We were given a square of fabric and a card with all the necessary threads.
We first learned how to stitch the vase, using the weaving technique, then a chain stitch for the top of the vase. Dianna showed us Barbara Kershaw's favourite technique for this which really is the reverse way most of us have learned.

We then learned how to do the curled leaf and finally, the flower. It is basically the same technique as the leaf, but just rolled up and tacked down. If any of the fabric shows from underneath, just do a big French or colonial knot in the centre. That's what I did.

The time went quickly and we went away with the knowledge of how to finish this project at home.

This was Andra's. She had a slightly different colour palette than I did.

Jeanette added hers to our two for a photo.
I missed the March meeting but was given the kit so I could do the stitching on paper project - a bookmark. 

I took some closeups of a finished one so I could replicate it at home.
One of our members added lace on each side and felt on the back.
I'm happy to be back with my creative community. Some of us are planning to go to the Frolic on April 28. The Gathering was moved to May 5 from last weekend because of the ice storm. I have juggled my schedule so I can now attend.

Also, a few of us from the embroidery guild are going to do a cyber stitching class as a stitch along. It's a three-piece Hardanger project. We can sign up on May 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment