Saturday 13 April 2019

Way Overdue

Last weekend was our guild's stitching retreat. Several of us went up on Thursday and we were joined on Friday by the rest. A couple of people joined us only for one of the days.

I brought tons of projects to work on but really only worked on 4 stitching projects and a bit of knitting.

I got the rest of the pumpkin punched. I now need to fill in the background and the border.


I almost have Bird's Eye View finished. I need to add the date and my initials and fix the 'donkey's' tail.

I started Cinnamon Stars and got the entire house done. I really liked doing the stone work part and am very happy I chose to use a hand-painted floss for the front of the house and the roof.
I did some work on my Just Bee set. I still need to add the wings to the bees.
There are three pieces in this set. A hexagonal pin keep (above), a pincushion (below) and a bees-cornu.
The cotton chenille trim and bee charm come with the pattern. 
Image result for Hands on Design bee
We had a great time stitching, gabbing, and eating. A couple of us even took naps. 

When I got home, I discovered that Skip had hired the Got Junk people to take away the treadmill and sofabed from my office. There is now room in there to get organized. I just need to do more purging and sorting and get more shelves and a comfy chair. What a great birthday present in addition to the Garmin GPS he gave me to replace my erratic one. I can speak the directions into the new one - it's totally hands free. I so love gadgets and technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment