Tuesday 5 November 2019

Stuff We Don't See At Home

Skip and I had a bit of shopping to do this morning. On the way off the island we stopped at a favourite nature area to see what birds we could see.


We immediately heard a great kiskadee and spotted a long-billed thrasher, a cardinal, a yellow-rumped warbler and a pewee of some kind.

I didn't have my good camera with me but got shots of a Cooper's Hawk,
a grey catbird,
a female hooded warbler,
and a great-tailed grackle.
Not bad for only 15 minutes of birding.
Happy to be back in the Rio Grande Valley

We then made our way to Walmart for some shopping. There, I snagged a couple of these.
They're in the little freezer in our hotel room as I write this. Lunch followed at one of our favourite restaurants, Mexiquito (May-hee-KEE-toh).
We read the local paper, the Coastal Current, while we waited for our tacos. We noted that we don't see ads like this in the Globe or the Star back home.

 Back at the hotel (La Quinta) I noticed one of the inlaid mosaics in front of the elevator.
We are located right on the beach (Gulf side) so a marine theme is seen throughout. It's going to be a fun two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment