Wednesday 25 December 2019

All Ready for Christmas

Well the shopping and wrapping (gift bagging) is done. Last Christmas was a total bust, I got the flu and was in bed from the 21st to the 26th. The Christmas before we were at sea. This year I wanted to do it up right. I even thought of some good gifts for Skip this year.
Image may contain: christmas tree and indoor
Tomorrow I'm cooking for 5. I had to run out at the last minute today and buy some white bread to make the stuffing. There will also be turkey - I bought the Butterball boneless ball of white and dark meat and a couple of legs and thighs. I hope at least a couple of folks like dark meat other than I do. I cooked the scalloped potatoes today so only need to heat them up tomorrow. I always think they taste better re-heated anyway. There will also be flaky dinner rolls. Marilyn is bringing the cranberry and a sweet potato dish. I have yogurt and fresh fruit for dessert plus Christmas pudding, chocolate chip cookies, and two-bite brownies. There should be plenty to eat.

I finally got the sampler mailed to Teresa today. It wasn't going to be picked up from the postal substation until Friday so she won't get it until at least January 6. There are 2 weekends, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year's Day between now and then. I'm really looking forward to her release on January 6. I'm hoping 'Bee Kind' will be one of them and it will be cool to see what else she is releasing.

My old iPad mini needs to be replaced so Skip and I will venture to an Apple store (Fairview? Markdale? Yorkdale? downtown?) when everyone goes back to work and school. I haven't seen the 256GB one for sale either at Costco or BestBuy. I'm also hoping to trade in my car for a new one (2020 Santa Fe).

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and peace and joy to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment