Saturday 11 December 2021

Not Quite Sugarplums

I have been doing a bunch of Christmas baking these past few days. I made spritz cookies with my cookie press, gingerbread cookies, sugar cookies, and haystacks.

I baked over a couple of days and decorated the cookies over another couple of days.

The sugar cookies were mostly trees.

I thought blue icing would look cool on the gingerbread snowflakes but too late I realized it was gel and wouldn't harden like the white and green icings did.
I soldiered on using primarily white icing.
Not pictured are the spritz cookies and the haystacks but they are yummy.

I was in a bit of a flap that I was running out of time before Christmas when I realized that it wasn't next Saturday but the Saturday after. Yay! I have a whole other week to do stuff. 

With the COVID numbers going up quickly again, Skip and I again cancelled our trip to Niagara Falls we had planned for a couple of days this week to celebrate Skip's birthday. Since we're staying home, Scooter is coming tomorrow for a couple of days. It's his birthday tomorrow. I'm not sure when he is arriving but will plan his celebration (cake?) when I know if he'll be here for supper or later.

I ordered Skip and myself festive pyjamas today. They're from a Canadian company and are supposed to arrive within 7 business days. Fingers are crossed CanadaPost isn't too overwhelmed.

I emailed my Christmas greetings and newsletter just now and only had one bounce back to me. That's another thing to check off my list. 

Actually, aside from figuring out what we're doing for Christmas dinner and if I need to buy a turkey, I have most tasks accomplished. 

Embracing the concept of  'hygge', this holiday season shouldn't be too stressful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment