Wednesday 19 July 2023

Inspired by Our Garden

I spent much of the morning out on the deck, painting. The light is so good out there. It was the perfect temperature and there was only a slight breeze.

There was a lot of bird activity in the cedars along the fence so I got the binoculars. Of course when I came back outside, the birds had all left. 

Our echinacea are spectacular right now. 

I've been wanting to paint them for several days and was so inspired to do so today.

I have two pots of these shorter sunflowers on my front step. They make me smile with their 'sunny' faces.

I got a couple of small paintings done. I only paint small things - my attention span is not long enough to focus on anything major. I like making cards from my paintings and used to attach my originals to card stock but I had trouble keeping up. I liked a lot of them and started printing them off onto card stock and embellishing with greeting messages with stamps, coloured pencils, HotFix 'jewels', etc.

 So glad I took the time to do this today. It was lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment