Monday 21 October 2024

Christmas Wreath Ornament

I started this ornament at the retreat on the weekend. I couldn’t work on it very long because it was a really strain on my eyes, even with magnifiers and my lamp.


At the retreat I got all the brown stems and dark green parts done.

This afternoon, while catching up on the new season of ‘The Lincoln Lawyer’ I finished the rest of the stitching and blinged it up with 2mm ‘jewels’ with my bedazzler.


I just need to a the red ribbon bow. Then will add Palestrina stitch all around th edge. The project was stitched on 46ct Oatmeal linen which can be purchased in packages at Hobby Lobby. The packages hang on racks and are usually two are displayed.
This stuff is a bugger to cross stitch on but is excellent for embroidery because of its tight weave. It’s also available in white and a pale blue. The price is right for a fat eighth, too.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that each of us received a beautiful project bag and thread bed.

Because of the embroidery on the back, I believe they were a custom order from Gamma’s Treasures (GammasTreasuresShop on Etsy).
I must make a zipper pull for it.

At stitching this morning I showed off all the swag we were given and the loot I purchased from the Pastime Pieces pop-up shop. Barb is definitely interested in attending the next one if it works with her schedule.  We also talked about a potential road trip to Blenheim with stops en route at various stitcherly and quilterly shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment