Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Thomas and Tilly

I had a special request to make a girl kitty cat with a blue sweater and bow. Her name is Tilly.

I made a Tilly yesterday but her legs were too long and I didn't know an easy way to shorten them so I knit another Tilly today.

Thomas had to get in on the photo shoot outside. This patch of echinacea has thrived in this spot practically since we moved into this house 30 years ago this month. Last winter I left the spent flowers in place so the American goldfinches would have something to eat in the late fall. The centres were all that were left on the stems by winter and after a snow they'd look very artistic with the stack of snow on top. I did cut them down in the early spring but enough seeds must drop for them to just keep blooming year after year. But I digress...
Back inside in the photo studio (kitchen counter with a foamcore background).
Then ChatGPT generated a photo of Tilly and Thomas going for a walk in the woods.
I think my friend is going to love having her own little buddy kitty cat, Tilly.

I crossed a few things off my 'to do' list these past couple of days: planted an Icelandic poppy I got on sale that had been sitting on the deck for over a week, did a bunch of weeding, rehung the curtains in my bedroom after the new window install, got a replacement valance clip at Blinds To Go to replace the one that broke when removing the blinds for the new window install in the family room, reinstalled the blinds and valances in the family room, made a purchase at Marks, picked up floss at Michaels not already in my stash to kit up 'The Bee's Got Knees' project to take to the retreat next week, mailed something to the US, deadheaded daisies and bellflowers in the garden, swept a bit in the garage, did a load of wash, cleaned some stuff out of the fridge for garbage day tomorrow. I did some sewing Monday and yesterday but none today.

Now I'm making a list of what projects to take to the retreat next week; lots of sewing, crochet, knitting, and stitching. I'll have total craft ADHD for 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment