Thursday, 3 September 2026

Still Feeling Slothful

I only did a bit of stitching yesterday; on the 'This Bee's Got Knees' project.

Now that the backstitched outline is there, I am much more confident about where I'm placing the motifs.

Just using a scrap of linen, I stitched the centres of the blue scissor case pattern to make a scissor fob. The outer backstitching on the diagonal will be where I whip stitch the two pieces together, right sides facing. I'll also try to remember to insert the cording in the corner before sewing it all up.
I did finish the square stitching for the scissor case but haven't fully finished it yet.

Last night I fully finished the kitty cat I'm giving to one of my guild members at our stitch day on Saturday. It's my version of Esther Braithwaite's 'Kitty Friends'. Basically it is a tube, grafted at the top. Then the ears are sewn diagonally, the head stuffed, then the neck stitches cinched up.

The original pattern has a striped sweater but I did a solid one with the duplicate stitched heart, and as I mentioned in a previous post, a purl round on the second and last rounds of the 'sweater'. In this photo, one ear has been defined with diagonal stitches
The finishing takes almost as long as knitting the tube. To make her a girl, I stitch 6 eyelashes and add a coordinating bow. The recipient is free to name her whatever she likes. I do the nose and whiskers differently from the original pattern, too. Also, the i-cord tail is added.
I took her and her friends outside for a little photo shoot in the planter between my garage doors.

I received my new iPhone last week but still have not received the trade-in kit. I called again today and Apple claims to be sending me yet another trade-in kit (this is the third one) so hopefully I can finish up with that.

I've also resubscribed to Hello Fresh and should be receiving my first meal kit sometime before 8pm tonight. Hopefully it'll be before suppertime so I can make something good for supper.

Heads up! Lego has the Festive Gingerbread House back in stock. Because of the extreme cuteness and inexpensive price tag ($49.99CAD), it sold out really quickly last year. Here's the link if you want one. I'm sure they'll sell out fast again this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment