I have been doing some housework in preparation for an overnight houseguest arriving next Tuesday. It's not really hard to do, there are just many other things I'd rather do. Regardless, the house will be somewhat presentable for my guest.
I passed the halfway point on my Sophie scarf. It occurred to me that I needed to weigh what I had knit and the remaining yarn so see where the halfway point was - where I'd start decreasing every 8 rows.
Turns out, I had knit well past halfway and had to rip back to the halfway point (where the yellow stitch marker) is and rewind the yarn. There wasn't too much bad language (just the right amount, I guess). The blue stitch marker shows where I went from increasing every 6 rows to every 8 rows so will mirror that on the 'downhill slope'. My calculations are such that I'll only have a few metres of yarn left when I get to the other end. Fingers are crossed.I did a bit more on 'This Bee's Got Knees'. Once I fill in the centres of the little orange flowers, the cross stitching will be done and there will only be backstitching (detail on flowers and bees) left to do. Then assembly. I really liked the colours in this piece. The pointy parts will meet in the centre of the bottom for a 3D block pincushion.
I really don't need another pincushion but this design was so dang cute, I couldn't resist.
I also did a wee bit more on the Spring Courier.I don't have a single thing on my calendar for the next two days so will enjoy a hurkle-durkle tomorrow morning and do some serious goofing off for the rest of the day.
Oh yeah, and MaryK has named her kitty cat, Violet. I'll be seeing her at stitching on Monday and can give Violet to her then.




No comments:
Post a Comment