Wednesday 9 January 2008

"I Had the Time of My Life..."

Today we took the GO train into The Big City to see "Dirty Dancing". We had lunch at a food court under Brookfield (formerly BCE Place) and I found a great pita place - Fit for Life. I had a delicious 'chicken delight' pita with hummus, parsley, tabouli, lettuce and chicken. Yum! We then hoofed it over to the Royal Alex (half of our walk was underground in the PATH) for the 2pm matinee. The show was very well staged. The script is pretty contrived but the singing, dancing and music were GREAT! There were 58 musical/dancing numbers in the show. I saw the movie about 20 years ago and loved the soundtrack then, too. I'm going to have to dig that audio cassette tape out again. I'm also going to download as many of those tunes I can and get them on my iPod.

I don't feel like I lived until I retired. I didn't mind teaching but it sure took up a lot of my time. Now I can enjoy things at a much less desperate rate. It was sheer joy taking the GO train today, eating in the food court and walking to the theatre, taking in the show and taking the train home. I am so fortunate and grateful for so many things.

This evening, I attended our monthly knitting guild meeting. One of the gals gave a demo on intarsia. I took a couple of projects to show off but forgot to take the baby blanket and dishcloths. Oh well. I also borrowed a Lucy Neatby's Socks 1 DVD which I'll drop off before I head to Texas.

All in all it was a very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment