Saturday 11 October 2008

Prepping for Thanksgiving

I made it to my weight-training class this morning followed by 20 min. of cardio on the elliptical trainer. I'm trying to burn lots o' calories before Sunday's Thanksgiving dinner. On the menu I have planned roasted, stuffed turkey and cranberries (of course), rutabagas, green beans, and homemade scalloped potatoes. For dessert we're having pumpkin tarts which I have already made.

I found a small turkey which is thawing in the fridge. I finally read how to thaw it properly this evening so hope it will be sufficiently thawed by about noon on Sunday when I'll have to stuff it and get it in the oven. Hmmm, I'd better look up how long it'll need to cook.

Aside from that, I haven't done much but get about half of a top-down raglan baby sweater done and have almost finished a cross-stitch project for Christmas.

I'm teaching another beginning knitting class at Kniterary on Saturday, January 10 and the 'Cable Without a Cable Needle' class on January 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment