Tuesday 14 October 2008

Turkey Soup and Remembering to Vote

Well it's all over but for eating the leftovers. The 9 lb. turkey was a good size to feed the four of us and have plenty of yummy leftovers. I committed some sins of gluttony for which I am atoning at the gym for the next couple of days. I also threw the carcass in a pot with some water and for my first time, made turkey soup.

My Zumba (Latin dance aerobic class) did not run yesterday because of the holiday (sniff!) so I will go to the 5:45pm class tomorrow in Ajax. I did the weight machine circuit and 20 min. of cardio on the elliptical trainer today. I dropped into my former place of employment for a quick visit. While there I was approached by a former colleague who is the principal of night school who wanted to know if I was interested in supply teaching for night school. It's basically babysitting the class while they complete the lesson left by their real teacher. It'll be a bit of cash and I don't have anything scheduled on Mon. and Wed. nights so it works into my schedule. I then headed to WalMart to pick up Hallowe'en provisions.

Today is election day. I pray the Stephen Harper Conservatives get their butts whooped. In other news today, the stock market has bounced back somewhat and our dollar is going up in value again altho' the oil and gas prices continue to go down. Go figure, we paid $1.43/litre when we were in Nova Scotia last month and today it's $1.02/litre here.

Tonight is Stitchin' Time at Hedgehog Stitchery. I can probably finish the Christmas tree project I've been working on.

My sister, Valerie, arrives by train on Thursday for a visit 'til Monday. I'll meet her at Union Station and then we'll go to either Romni Wools on Queen W. or The Naked Sheep and Purple Purl on Queen E. If I haven't completely worn her out, she'll join me on Thursday at Knit Night at Kniterary. Friday we're going back into The Big City to the CreativFestival with the complimentary tickets I got at the Stitch 'n Pitch Jays Game in August.

The Palindrome scarf just needs a ribbed castoff as does the bottom of the baby sweater I'm knitting. Yesterday I knit the first 'Ogre Sock' which will become a Felted Footie. I've turned the heel on the second one. The yarn I'm using is SWTC Karaoke a 50/50 blend of soy silk and wool and it was frogged from an entrelac scarf I was 2/3 finished but didn't like the look of it. The Lady Eleanor pattern I was using was lovely but the variegated yarn didn't change colour quickly enough for it to be effective. Noro yarn would be much better. I've been really lazy with the camera but will post photos soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that the election did not turn out the way you wanted...but at least Harper and Associates did not win big.

    Let's hope the US election does not go the same way!

    ReplyDelete