Friday 30 January 2009

Day Four - Are We There Yet?

We left Lonoke, Arkansas this morning at 8:08am. Once in Texarkana, TX - just across the state line from Arkansas - we stopped into the Tourist information Centre to get up-to-date maps and brochures. We have decided to take secondary highways in order to avoid Houston and Dallas. The roads have been surprisingly traffic-free and the speed limit is 70mph most of the time.

We decided to stay in Palestine (pronounced Palace-teen), TX and arrived at about 3:30pm. Skip is coming down with a cold which he probably caught at the walk-in clinic that he visited briefly on Monday. I sure hope I don't catch his cold. We have about 800 km to drive before checking in at our condo on Sunday at 3pm. The temperature today was 16C and will go down to 3C tonight. It will be 24C on Sunday on SPI with a low of 14C. I look forward to getting into shorts and sandals again.

I knit another couple of inches on the Must Have Cardigan II today and have almost used up a ball of yarn. I now see a couple of ways I could have modified the pattern to size it up from the original pattern but I'm not ripping it out now. It's going to look great.

Here is today's route. Tomorrow we will head to Kingsville, TX - our last night before arriving in the Rio Grande Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment