Sunday 11 January 2009

Stitchin' 'n Stuff

I have been doing a lot of stitching lately - quick, easy Christmas stocking and mitten ornaments. Each one can be completed in an evening of television watching. The finishing is very easy. I now need to find about 1/4 metre of coordinating fabric and do the sewing. I have used these ornaments on my door wreaths but next year (if I remember) will use some to adorn gifts for some special people. The cardinal ones will go on Skip's bird-themed Christmas tree that is traditionally put up in the living room.




































I also completed a hardanger ornament. The original pattern required a specific wreath charm which I couldn't be bothered trying to obtain so I improvised and cross-stitched a little wreath which I found in another pattern book.















I'm almost finished the ribbed Noro Silk Garden socks. I had to rip the heel out a couple of times on the second sock as the foot length was too long. I finally ripped back far enough and am pleased with the results. I knit the foot and heel on 2.5mm needles and the leg on 3mm needles. I like a snug foot but needed a roomier leg. There were also fewer stitches on the leg as I had to have multiples of 5 (k4, p1) for it and used 50 stitches but used 52 stitches for the foot 5 x (k4, p1) +1 = 26 stitches for the instep and 26 for the sole.














I used a generic toe-up pattern with the Judy Becker 'magic' cast-on and my signature 'eye of partridge heel'. They are going to be warm and snuggly.

My workouts have been intermittent as other social engagements this week have gotten in the way. However I'm thrilled that all 6 local GoodLife clubs have added Zumba classes so I could concievably go every day from Mon. - Sat. if it could work with my schedule. Woo Hoo! I went to the class at the North Oshawa women's club on Thursday and I think I was the only one in the class who had done it before. The instructor was very good so that class may get on my regular schedule. I will miss going tomorrow and Tuesday because I'm going to visit my sister near Sarnia but hope to make the 5:45 class on Wed. after I get home and before the knitting guild meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment