Wednesday 28 January 2009

Driving South - Days 1 and 2

We have started on our odyssey to the south. Yesterday we left home at about 9:30am and drove to Marshall, MI by way of Sarnia/Port Huron - about 600km. We arrived at 4:30pm and checked into a very clean Comfort Inn where we had stayed last year. We had supper at a family-owned business, Schuler's Restaurant and Pub upon the recommendation of my friend, Mark. It snowed this morning so we decided to delay our departure 'til 11am when the snow stopped.

We stopped in Auburn, IN for lunch and arrived in Terre Haute, IN (birthplace of Buffy and Jody from "Family Affair" - remember?) at 5pm - about 475km. The interstates for the most part had been plowed and salted but there were still some tricky spots. We saw several cars in the ditch - scary. We are staying at a very clean Super 8. We had supper at Real Hacienda - a local Mexican food joint. It is really cold here.

Tomorrow we could get as far as Little Rock, AR as we gain an hour when we cross into IL and will have an hour of extra sunshine.

My camera cord is in the car (it's too cold to go out there - waaaahhh!) so I can't publish my pictures tonight - maybe tomorrow.

I have started my second Must Have Cardigan in a light grey colour of Patons Classic Wool. I tried to do a recommended series of increases (third item on the left sidebar) from the ribbing to the pattern so the cables would just 'grow' from the ribbing but it didn't work after 3 froggings so I have decided to do it the regular way. To make knitting easier in the car I am using stitch markers between the cables and a circular needle (the single pointed needles kept getting hung up on my sleeves). Again, pics will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment