Monday 12 October 2009

Giving Thanks 2009

When one is retired, weekends and even long weekends, for that matter, aren't that big of a deal. One isn't exhaused from having worked like a dog the previous couple of weeks - finishing marking, tallying marks, entering marks on the computer, generating progress reports whilst still prepping for new lessons. But what is a big deal is spending time with family and friends. I even am getting to the point where prepping the turkey dinner isn't such an onerous task as it once was. (Thanks again, Honey, for doing all that vacuuming!!!).

Of course, I forgot to take photos but suffice it to say dinner was a success and there were enough leftovers for a couple more meals.

I am so grateful for so many things, my good health, my marriage, my family, my friends, plenty of nourishment and TIME. Time to pursue my passions and do whatever I want to pretty much when I want to.

Several of my friends are going through hard times right now and I feel so bad about that. In most cases, there is nothing I can do but listen to and support them. I hate it when people I care about are hurting.

It certainly makes me realize how fortunate I really am. I certainly don't take that good fortune for granted. I live in the present knowing that I can be hit by the proverbial 'bus' at any time and my life as I've been enjoying it can be changed forever. However, in the meantime, I'm just very thankful for my wonderful life (and knitting and spinning - LOL).

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment