Friday 16 October 2009

Road Trip

Marion and I left Whitby in the Stygian darkness of 7am. The weather was good for driving and improved as we ventured eastward and southward to the Hudson Valley. Tomorrow we will be attending the New York Sheep and Wool Festival at the Dutchess Country Fairgrounds near Rhinebeck, NY. It might snow tomorrow morning and will be raining throughout the day - pooh! I am, however, glad I brought a nice woolly scarf, my new moose mitts and Charade socks knit with Misti Alpaca sock yarn.

We arrived at Hudson, NY - about 45 min from our motel - at 1:30 and found a nice place for lunch after which we ventured with the help of the GPS to Countrywool to ogle and fondle yarn.


Note: I'm wearing my new moose mitts. Here, they're just for show but I was certainly glad to have them this morning in the chilly air.











There are special hours at Countrywool this weekend because of the Sheep and Wool Festival. The proprietor is also serving apple cider and organic pumpkin cookies.

Here, I'm enjoying my apple cider and am fondling a lovely Faroe Fair Isle hat.







Marion's new Ford Escape has handy yarn-holding pockets in the door. Who knew the Ford Company would be so craft-friendly?











More fun to come.... stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Geri you look great in all your woolies:)
    Thanks for sharing your exciting trip...it's the next best thing to being there!

    ReplyDelete