Tuesday 10 August 2010

Pansy and Bidding Adieu

Since finishing the second Sekku Dianna shawl, I've been itching to cast on another shawl using some lovely Handmaiden Fine Yarn Sea Silk. It's gorgeous colourway called Pansy. I decided to try another Gail (Nightsongs) by MaweLucky (Jane Araújo). 
It has required considerable concentration and I really need to use lifelines but I've finished almost 3 repeats out of the 5 that I think I'll be able to get out of the amount of yarn I have.

Jennie's funeral went very well on Saturday. The eulogies by the minister and Skip were nice and Scooter did a fabulous job with his contribution of Chopin's Prelude #15 in Db Major. (I snuck a flashless photo)
I think he was very pleased to be able to play for his Grandma's funeral service. He said it was a good experience to play the piece in public before his big Grade IX Conservatory Piano exam coming up this Friday. He said he didn't even get that nervous, but he was glad we had the music there.

Sobey's did a good job on the food and we were able to divide it among the Skip and his brothers. I had a long nap in the afternoon after the funeral and went to bed early that night. I'm feeling much better now.

Tomorrow we're driving to the family plot in Nashville (near Kleinburg) where Jennie would have been interred today. Then we'll go out and have a lovely dim sum lunch in Markham.

I have a big load of stuff to take to the Salvation Army and then my part will be pretty much done.

I just noticed my sidebar gadget of upcoming knitting book releases got updated. It was frozen for months and all of a sudden, it's working again! Unfortunately, it's frozen again. Harumph!

I sure hope this is a better week.

2 comments:

  1. Geri are you going to the Knitter's Fair this September? If you are then please come to Hubbert Farms booth and say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I plan to attend. I hope I remember to drop by and see you this time!!!

    ReplyDelete