Monday 3 January 2011

Dye Lot - D'Oh!

A couple of weeks ago I picked up some Kroy Jacquards Sock yarn on sale. I knit myself a 3x1 ribbed sock in a couple of days.
This yarn is thicker than most sock yarn I've used before and only has 166 yards per 50g ball.  Consequently, there wasn't a lot of yarn left when I finished the sock and certainly not enough to warrant winding yarn off the second ball so as to start in the same place in the pattern. Accepting the idea that I wouldn't be able to have identical twins, I cast on the second sock with the second ball of yarn and knit a few inches.

Curious to see how far out of synch the second sock was from the first, I made a startling discovery. THEY'RE NOT EVEN THE SAME DYE LOT!!!  Argh.

I'm going to go back to the store and see if I can get dye lots to match at least one of the socks (preferably the complete one).

D'Oh!

P.S.  Goldman Sachs just invested 50 million dollars in Facebook and it appears they are going to use people's profile information indiscriminately. I have just deleted all 'Arts and Entertainment', 'Activities and Interests' etc. information from my Facebook profile as well as the year of my birth. Take that, Goldman Sachs!

No comments:

Post a Comment