Monday 30 December 2013

My Knitting Year 2013 in Review

This year I completed: (pattern names below each photo)

- 2 pairs of felted clogs - here's one pair:
Felted Clogs - Bev Galeskas
- 3 hats,
Evvvie's Pom Pom Hat

Arabesque

Declan's Hat
- 6 dishcloths,
Petal Dishcloth
Ballband Dishcloth
- 2 washcloths
Bee Stitch Washcloths

- 7 shawls/scarves (top centre is with my handspun),
Clockwise from top left: Crescent Over Lothlorien - Cordula Surmann-Schmitt, Orchid Thief - Ysolda Teague, Holden - Mindy Wilkes, Cresent Over Lothlorien, Holden, Spectra - Stephen West, Happenstance - Jen Lucas
- 1 custom pair of mittens (my own design),

- 3 11/12 Christmas coasters,
Felted Peppermint Coasters - Julie H. Rose
- 2 lap blankets,
Rams and Yowes - Kate Davies
Lehe Square Shawl - Nancy Bush
- 2 hot pads (the other one is aqua and white),
- 2 cowls,
Inspira Cowl - graphica
Honey Cowl - Madelinetosh
- 1 pillow cover (my design),
- a teddy bear sweater (my design),
and 11 pairs of socks.
Clockwise from top left: Intertwined - Maureen Foulds, Brigit - Monkey Toes, Escher - Lorna Miser, Intertwined, Socks with Lace Edging - Regia, Ribbed Sock - my design, Ribbed Sock, Kandhar - Alice Yu,  Ribbed Sock, Ribbed Sock, Pavillion Socks (centre) - Maureen Foulds
Whew! That's a lot of knitting!

I also created 105 blog posts (as of today), cross-stitched a few projects, spun several hanks of handspun yarn, make two guild presentations on knitting, bought a 4-shaft table-top loom, dyed 8 skeins of yarn and travelled to Ireland on a knitting tour and took 3 knitting workshops - one with Carol Feller.

And people wonder how retirees fill their idle hours!

1 comment:

  1. I believe most people who retire are busier then when they were working lol!!
    I love to knit but love spinning more so not as much knitting gets done for me.
    Happy New Year Geri :-))

    ReplyDelete