Saturday 21 December 2013

Winter Images and New Slippers

Last night we got some freezing rain.
It has made everything quite slick around here.
Fortunately, the temperature right now is right around freezing so any increase at all will melt the slippery stuff. We are hunkering down today.
I made these wreaths a few years ago based on some nifty Starbucks Christmas wreaths the year before that sported yarn balls. I like how they look on our new front doors.

And on a yarnly note...

A hole wore through the soles of my felted slippers last week as well as another pair of non-felted slippers. While at Romni Wools last week I bought some Briggs and Little Country Roving to knit and felt another pair. I use Bev Galeskas' Felted Clog pattern. Isn't it interesting that the length [141m/155verges (yards)] only appears on the French side of the package? I can't tell you how handy it is to be able to check Ravelry on my smart phone (iPhone 4S) when I'm shopping for yarn.
Previously I used bulky wool rather than doubled worsted weight as called for in the pattern. The Country Roving consists of 5 strands of roving and is ultra-bulky. I knit most of the first one last night. I will knit 2 outer soles in hopes they'll last longer.

They look like Shrek shoes right now but they will felt down to about half the length and about 2/3 the width.

No comments:

Post a Comment