Thursday 9 October 2014

Campbellford Spin In

The first Tuesday of October, the Warkworth Spinning and Weaving Guild put on the Spin In in Campbellford, ON.  I have attended several times since I started spinning in 2009 and this year was no exception.

A group of 5 of us piled into Jennifer B's van for the trip.

We arrived about 1/2 hour after the event started but fortunately, Jennifer W. saved seats for us as she had arrived on time from Cobourg.

There were about 80 of us in attendance. Around the periphery of the church hall were several vendors of almost anything related to spinning: fleeces, rovings, equipment, magazines, dyes, etc.

People wishing to sell spinning wheels put them on the stage on display.
Our driver wore her custom Dianna Shawl made with Noro Mirameki yarn and using a cat's paw lace pattern.

As it was the 25th anniversary of the Warkworth guild, a piper was hired to solemnify the occasion.
 She moved quite quickly so I didn't get a very good shot with my iPhone. I wish I had taken a photo of her socks. They were quite detailed with cables, lace and a foldover top.
I really wasn't as tired as I looked.  To my left is Donna, then Jennifer B. and our newest spinning friend, Alexa.

I called this aisle of spinners 'Lendrum Lane' as there were 8 Lendrum spinning wheels
In the foreground in blue is my high school friend, and fellow crafty person, Cathy, who travelled from London, ON for the event.  That's a better shot of Alexa to Jennifer's left.
It was a lovely day for a drive in the country.  Being amidst so many spinners is so inspiring and nice to be among like-minded people.

On our way home, we stopped into 1 Stop Alpacas to check out her wares, then visited the alpacas at Alexa's alpaca farm.

We are looking forward to next year's event and hope to attend The Gathering in Port Hope next April as well.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun, good time! Love your pumpkin shirt Geri :-)
    I am off to Kitchener to visit with my son and maybe check out the Oktoberfest and St. Jacobs.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete