Wednesday 1 October 2014

Ruddington

I just realized I hadn't yet posted pics of my Ruddington sweater with the buttons on.  It took me a long time at Fabricland to find what I was looking for. The light wasn't quite right in the store, but I think I got a really good match.

It was coolish yesterday so I welcomed being able to wear it.
This is my preferred sleeve length as I don't like sleeves at or below my wrists. I also like the cuff of my shirt to show if I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt underneath.

If I were to knit this pattern again, I'd knit the ribbed cuffs on the bottom and sleeves with one size smaller needle. As I knit it a bit longer than the pattern called for, I had a longer button band and needed extra buttons.
I mirrored the cables on the sleeves.
I LOVE the colour of this Cascade 220 Heathers yarn. I can see the individual red, purple and blue fibres. It's a great colour to wear with most solid or neutral pants I own.

If you love knitting cables, you'll love any of Fiona Ellis' cable patterns. She has taken designing of unique cable patterns to a new level. She also has a class on Craftsy on 'Mastering Cable Design' where she shows how to take an element of design or nature and translate it into a cable pattern. I'm intrigued...

No comments:

Post a Comment