Tuesday 30 September 2014

Colour Integrity

A while back I started spinning this superwash merino fibre that had been dyed in my favourite colours.
There were longish bands of colour on the singles.
In order to avoid a lot of barberpoling, I decided to Navajo-/chain-ply it, realizing I'd get less yardage but maintaining the colour integrity.
I was happy to get 404 yards of three-ply.
And now I need to knit this into something fabulous.
I have three other projects on the go right now so won't decide 'til I finish at least one of them.

Yesterday I sewed up a project bag for me that I had cut out a week ago and was just waiting for an hour or so to get to the sewing machine.

Boots!!! And the leaves on the neighbour's maple trees are starting to turn.
I decided to line it with low-loft batting...
and used this coordinating striped fabric for the lining.
One of my unfinished knitting projects will fit in it very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment