Sunday 14 September 2014

2014 Knitter's Fair

My knitterly friend, Jennifer, and I attended the Knitter's Fair yesterday at the Kitchener Auditorium. This year, to satisfy the fire marshall and provide lots of room for shoppers, two separate arenas were designated. The Kitchener-Waterloo Knitting Guild did a fabulous job of organizing the event.

Ahead of time, Jennifer did some research. She printed out the map of where the various vendors would be located and identified the ones that were 'must sees'.

Waterloo Wools is going out of business and the Fair was their last show. All fibre and yarns were discounted 25% so we made a beeline there first.

I bought this braid of Polwarth wool.
I really like spinning multi-coloured fibre.
I also picked up this dyed Moorit Shetland braid in the Pumpkin Pie colourway.

I really am partial to autumnal colourways.
At the Ewe Knit booth I purchased this Cladonia shawl kit that has 5 skeins of Koigu KPM yarn. The pattern was included as well as one for matching fingerless mitts.

After lunch at Marbles, a tasteful restaurant, we visited Shall We Knit? which decided this year not to have a booth at the Fair.  It is a well-stocked, well laid-out store with a wide variety of yarns. I bought a few drastically discounted balls of Frill Seeker yarn for an upcoming teaching opportunity.

We then headed over to Len's Mill Store where I purchased some cute boots fabric and a coordinating fabric.

I also grabbed this trendy purses fabric.
We had also planned a visit to BeadFX on the way home but they had a booth at the Fair! Jennifer was able to get all the bead she wanted for her various proposed lace projects. It saved us a trip down the DVP in Saturday traffic. We were pretty pooped after all that travel and excitement.

Last Wednesday, I visited the Len's Mill Store on Orfus Rd. in Toronto and snagged these companion fabrics.  I have a couple of project bags in mind for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment