Sunday 28 September 2014

Kidsilk Haze and Merino

I have been looking at patterns for a couple of balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe yarn that I have in my stash. I found a couple of nice ones on the Rowan website.

Kaffe Fassett's Misty Scarf intrigued me. What you can't see from the photo accompanying the pattern is the zigzag pattern formed with the two yarns. But judging from the photo from someone's project on Ravelry, I didn't really like the harsh contrast, which would also result from the two colourways I have.
Photo by Internationalgirl
Another one that intrigued me was the Color Play Mohair Wrap.
Photo by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas
I like the length of it and the blending of the colours. It is knit with two strands: A & A, then A & B,
then B & B, etc. When knitting with the same ball, simply knit with one strand from the outside of the ball and one strand from the inside.

Unfortunately I needed 4 balls of this yarn for the project and I only had 2.

Then thought I could use the orange Kidsilk Haze yarn I had with some lovely Fleece Artist Saldanha Two laceweight to knit the wrap.

I have 4 25g balls of the Kidsilk Haze (916 yards)  and 800 yards of the merino laceweight which should be plenty for this project.
I cast on 109 stitches and knit 10 rows of garter stitch (5 ridges on each side). Then with 5 garter stitches on each side, I'll knitting stocking stitch. Then will end with 10 rows of garter stitch before casting off.
The merino laceweight has the colours of the fall leaves - green, rust, yellow, orange and red.

I really like how it is blending with the orange Kidsilk Haze.

This is fairly mindless knitting but I need to be careful that I'm knitting through both strands with the two strands. Although, any missed stitches won't run down with the fuzziness of the yarn.



No comments:

Post a Comment