Monday 26 February 2018

Yoke is Done!

I finished the yoke last night.
I'd like the neck to gape less so I will knit a couple more rounds and another decrease round before anchoring and cutting the steek.
I plan to use the anchoring technique for the steek that we learned at the Janine Bajus workshop at the retreat last November. Basically, with a crochet hook you crochet a line of single crochet stitches through the halves of the stitches in the centre column and right beside it. I'm not sure what colour yarn I will use - possibly the lighter blue. That way it will show up differently from the darker blue, yet blend in fairly with it. This video explains it probably better than I did.

Once I get the neck finished, I'll take a deep breath and start in on the steek.

No comments:

Post a Comment