Tuesday 2 February 2021

Groundhog Day

I'd love to have lots to post today but not a lot happens in my world during our 'period of confinement'. Every day rolls into the next. If it wasn't for my daily videochats from Sunday to Wednesday, my weeks would have no structure. Between Thursday and Saturday, I rarely know what day it is. Thank goodness for technology and those videochats. We are always saying how grateful we are to be able to connect on a regular basis during the pandemic.

On my Sunday videochat with my stitcherly friends we were talking about what we needed for various projects we wanted to start. Someone needed a particular colour of DMC. Jeanette has a surplus and offered it. She needed something that someone else had who offered to drop it off. Marilyn needed some 28ct Monaco in antique white and I have a pile of it in my stash so today Skip and I welcomed the opportunity to get out of the house and go for a drive to drop it off at her place. It would have been nice to have been able to chat in person for a while, but it's still too cold out for that. I do remember going over there last summer and having a lovely porch chat while we both wore masks. And I had a few folks over to my deck a couple of times, too.

On the way home I popped into the liquor store to pick up 'essentials'. I tried to shop there yesterday but it is closed on Mondays. Then I did a takeout order at Subway and we took our salads home to eat. I now wear an N95 mask covered by a triple layer mask when I go out shopping. Skip bought the N95s years ago and they have come in handy whenever I've had to be in close quarters with others. So far, in the least year, I've only been in really close quarters with one person outside of my household - my hairdresser. Twice. But with this stricter lockdown and the variants rampaging through Ontario, I don't want to take any chances of getting the virus so I double-mask.

I zoned out on the sofa all afternoon doing some stitching and watching YouTube videos. This evening on my chat with the Whitby Spinners, I knit some more on my scrappy socks.
I knit stocking stitch on the pink and have started Eye of Partridge blue heel flaps. I do plan to continue the EOP pattern on the bottom of the heel for reinforcement. My hope is to continue the striping on the heel flap as well.

It was good to get out today. 

Oh yeah, and Wiarton Willie saw his shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment