Sunday 21 February 2021

Scrappy, Striped Socks Are Finished

I finished these up last night and had to wait 'til this morning when the light was better to photograph them.

There are a bunch of yarn ends to sew/weave in but I may just leave them loose as they don't feel lumpy when the socks are on.

This is my first time doing two-at-a-time socks. It was the best way to get identical twin socks but not my favourite method. 
But they're done and I can go back to my second camo sock when I want to do some knitting.

After 4 blankets and a pair of scrappy socks, I can now close the lid on my scrap sock yarn bin. I do have a bunch of small balls of sock yarn that I'd love to use up somehow. I may use Arne and Carlos' idea of holding three yarns together and knitting cozy plain mittens.

I have a yen to knit another bandana cowl/February hat set so will be checking out my worsted yarn inventory for two 100g skeins. They knit up quickly and look very stylish when we're all bundled up to go outside in the 'bleak midwinter'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment