Tuesday 20 April 2021

Poems Sock Progress and WIP Update

I have started doing more knitting whilst watching absorbing TV shows as I miss so much when I stitch.

I'm liking how the Poems socks are turning out. 
I continued the eye of partridge stitches on the bottom of the heel for the length of the gusset.

The stranding resulting from the slipped stitches adds an extra layer on that area I wear out most.

I didn't do much stitching last week at all. However, I did get the artichoke segment done shortly after it was released on Friday. Who knew artichokes had purple tufts like thistles and that we ate the flower buds? I substituted Caladium for the top flower as I couldn't decide on what colours to do foxgloves. On the right are hops.

I also have a calla lily segment I can substitute for one I don't really like. I started the passion flowers (right of centre) but am not sure I'll continue with them. They go on the outer border that I'm not doing so I have had to adapt the pattern for a square and am not all that thrilled with it.
I've also been working on the William Morris piece, Strawberry Thief. I haven't decided if I will do the pattern to a flat edge or just let the elements float on the blue background. I could make a little pillow out of it when I'm done or frame it in one of those 8" square frames.
If I got really ambitious, I could stitch the entire pattern with includes the mirror image of this one plus more flowers and another bird and its mirror image.

I need to do an FO parade and shame myself into FFOing some pieces. I am such a process stitcher that once I'm done something, I'm not always fired up to frame or finish it.

Today we are going to pick up our prepared taxes and pick up takeout lunch somewhere to bring home to eat. We are under a stay-at-home order but filing our taxes on time is essential, I believe, and I haven't heard anything about an extension of the deadline like we had last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment