Sunday 18 April 2021

Sock Leg

As soon as I finished my Kaffe Fassett socks I rummaged around in my sock yarn stash and found a ball of yarn for my next pair.

Poems Sock yarn by Wisdom Yarns. I have no idea when or where I bought this yarn. It is a very loosely plied yarn with a wool singles and nylon thread.

The colour changes are quite gradual. I doubt it will be possible to achieve identical twins.  I cast on 68 sts and am using a 3 x 1 rib and eye of partridge heel. I will continue the EOP stitches on the bottom of the heel after I turn it to give some added thickness and strength to the heel as that I where I usually wear out my socks.
Last week I mailed two pairs of socks to one of my friends. One pair was Syncopation socks knit with Manos del Uruguay Alegría sock yarn. I knit them 5 years ago.

and a pair of Kandahar socks with hand-painted Sweet Sheep yarn. These were knit 8 years ago and were just languishing in my sock yarn drawer. 
The recipient was very appreciative as she has very cold feet. I'm happy that my sock surplus is going to a knitworthy person.

We are in a very strict lockdown situation with a stay at home order. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better here in Ontario. Our leaders failed to listen to the epidemiological and hospital professionals back in February when dire circumstances were predicted and opened things up. Now the variants are here and the wildfire is raging out of control. COVID will not be under control any time soon in our province.

No comments:

Post a Comment