Friday 14 May 2021

Leftover Rice

Skip and I ordered takeout Thai food this evening from a local Hakka eatery.  It was a nice treat for a Friday night. I hadn’t had Pad Thai since COVID started and Skip enjoyed a Garlic Beef dish. The mango salad, fried egg rolls, and cold egg rolls were delicious. An added bonus is enough leftovers for another meal. Also included was steamed rice which I set aside to make rice pudding.

I used this recipe for the rice pudding. I did not measure out the rice, I just threw it all in the pot with an equal amount of milk and a bit of salt. Then followed the recipe, adding a splash of vanilla, and the rest of the milk, sugar, beaten egg, and sugar.

Yum!

I use this recipe if I’m making rice pudding from scratch using Arborio rice.

1/3 c Arborio rice
1 c water
2 c milk
Splash of vanilla
Dash of salt
3 Tbsp sugar
1/4 c raisins (optional)

Cook the rice in the water until boiling. Turn down to med-low until water is all absorbed, stirring occasionally. Add the milk, vanilla, salt, and sugar and bring to just boiling. Add raisins if desired and turn down to simmer until the mixture is creamy stirring frequently. 

It will become thicker as it cools.

Serve with a bit of milk or cream and a dash of cinnamon.

I haven’t done much crafting. Yesterday, while waiting for Skip’s surgery to finish, I stitched one flower
on the Wm Morris piece - the one on the bottom. I was having a bit of trouble concentrating so did not get much done.

I stitched two more elements of my Steady Thread SAL. Begonias on bottom left and Cosmos on centre right on bottom left.


Flower #20 was released today. It's an outer border element so will save to modify for one on the interior that I don't particularly like.

The next morning...

This is my second attempt to publish this post. I tried last night and got a notification from Blogger that it has been "determined that it violates our guidelines and deleted the post". I emailed back stating that I did compose and tried to post on a different device (my iPad) and perhaps this might have caused the malware concern.

I got another email this morning that the post has been re-evaluated and has been reinstated. 

So I guess rice pudding recipes and stitching updates aren't a malware concern after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment