Tuesday 7 March 2023

A Wee New Project

I'm working on two large-ish projects right now. But I wanted to start something small so I could actually complete something in a reasonable amount of time.

I follow a Just Cross Stitch ornament SAL on Facebook but don't participate. The one they're working on for March 2023 is Century Farm Stitching's 'Rudolph' in the 2022 JCS Ornament issue.

I am doing it on 32ct Seaspray linen from my stash - a remnant I picked up a couple of years ago at the now-closed A Stitcher's Garden outside of Syracuse NY. The fabric is stiff and crunchy but it was the right colour. It pops in and out of my spring hoop easily enough. The finished ornament will be about 3.5" x 4.25".

I substituted DMC Blanc for the Ecru and as I'm using only 1 thread over two, and didn't blend the two green colours for the big tree. I only used the darker green DMC 3051.

I didn't  like how the snowflakes looked with the floss and picked them out, so will try #12 perle cotton instead. I will use HotFix 'jewels' on the tree decorations, Rudolph's nose, and the snowflakes.

I have been working on the model for Teresa Kogut which I can't show, alternating with Winter Rose Manor.
Because I chose a lighter fabric, I will need to backstitch around the house and between the house and the snow. It would have been better to orient the fabric so the house would be over the darker mottled part. Oh well. I don't stitch at night as much as I used to so I don't get nearly as much done. However, I did go to Monday morning stitching yesterday, which was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment