Thursday 16 March 2023

Stitching is Done on Redwork Pears

I used Vonna Pfeiffer's trick of using a large needle to stitch with silk. This avoids drag on the threads and fuzzing with the silk threads in particular.

I got all three pears done.

I haven't made a final decision on which fabric I'll use for the backs of the pears. I really don't have anything other than the striped fabric I mentioned in the previous post.

They're all ready to cut apart.
The pattern comes with the template for cutting the fabric for the back. But it's scaled for 36ct and I stitched on 40 ct. The resulting images are 10% smaller (20 stitches per inch vs 18 stitches per inch) so I will scale the templates down on my printer. 

I haven't done any more on the Rudolph ornament. More work needs to be done on the stars and snowflakes. 

I have been working sporadically on the model I'm stitching for Teresa Kogut. I would like to get it finished for her by the end of April.

Skip and I are adapting to our 'new normal'. We have established routines which are very manageable. I don't feel overwhelmed most of the time. We have a couple of days next week with several appointments/treatments but I know we'll manage just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Yarns have this amazing ability to capture warmth and comfort, making your favorite sweater feel like a cozy hug on chilly days. It's like wearing a little piece of happiness!

    ReplyDelete