Friday 29 September 2023

Elim for the Day and Lots of Stitching

Yesterday Jen1 and I headed up to Elim for the day. Right behind us for the last few kilometers were Siobhain and Barbara, then shortly thereafter, Barb, Suzanne, and Jeanette arrived. It was only the 7 of us for the day. Jen1 took the photo.

I took 3 projects to work on but exclusively stitched on the Sunflower Sewing Pouch and got all the eyelets in the rows of Kloster blocks done. I used one strand of DMC 932. Taking a photo is an excellent way to find omissions or errors. I noticed I haven't done the antennae or body on the bee on the top right.

When I got home, I started cutting the threads for the centre motifs. 
I used tweezers to pull the cut threads so I could snip so closely that the end disappeared into the Kloster block. I also accidently cut the wrong thread and had to weave another one from the edge back in. Can you tell which one? it's the one that doesn't have the kinks in it.
Tonight I put a big push on and got all the threads cut in the centres of the Kloster clusters, and all the eyelets and specialty stitches.

All I have left to do is the bar wrapping, twisted bars, and spider web stitch. Then I can start FFOing it.

Again today, Jen1 and I ventured out to a couple of quilt shops. She had an accessory for her sewing machine to pick up and I tagged along in hopes of finding fabric to back my little EPP runner.

I lucked out getting this 1/3m at Sewing Essentials in Bowmanville. So that will go on my 'to be FFOd' pile.

After stopping at Allin's Orchard store and buying apples for my applesauce making, we arrived at Annie's Quilt Shop where I two pieces of dense cotton that will be excellent for surface embroidery.

Next we drove back to Whitby so Jennifer could buy some things at Michaels. They have all self-service checkouts now. We were able to navigate things well but I feel sorry for folks who are less technically savvy. They'll keep the supervising person busy. I hope they redeployed the checkout folks into stocking shelves and doing other useful jobs rather than just 'letting them go'. Then off to Oshawa to the Ultimate Sewing Centre where Jennifer made a couple more purchases. Finally, we stopped in at the Baker's Table where I picked up a sandwich and some cannoli to take home for lunch.

After I got dropped off and had lunch, I relaxed on the sofa and napped for almost 2 hours. All the early (for me) wake ups and gallivanting must have caught up with me.

It was really fun to hang out with Jen1 and my stitching peeps yesterday. Now I have lots of projects to keep me busy for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment