Thursday 30 November 2023

Getting Ready for Tomorrow

Tomorrow is December 1 and the beginning of two crafty pursuits I will be undertaking.

It will be the first day of Arne and Carlos' Advent Calendar 2023. This year it's a toe up stocking on which we'll knit 6 rows per day.

I got the toe finished a couple of days ago

and am looking forward to seeing what they have planned for Day 1. I'm hoping it will be some type of Nordic colourwork.

Secondly, at 6pm Eastern Time, the Jingle Ball begins! It's not too late to sign up and pay your $10US to participate. I believe those wishing to take classes remotely can still sign up. I haven't done much any stitching on my Santa's Night Tree lately. However, my guild's stitch day is this Saturday and I plan to do a rotation among several projects. 

If I can't stream the Liz Mathews class at my stitch day, I'll just watch the recorded video at my leisure another time on the weekend. Recordings of the class will be available for 30 days after the Jingle Ball. She has already posted a video on finishing her 'trees' which I've already watched. It will be interesting to see if she does anything differently in the class. I mostly signed up for the class to get the pattern. 

I also have 3 ornaments to FFO. This one is mounted. 

I just need to add some cording around it, a hanger, and perhaps some buttons and get it in the mail to the intended recipient. I'm also thinking of participating in our guild's ornament exchange and need to select, stitch, embellish, and FFO something for that.

The daily visits to the hospital for Skip's radiation treatments are a bit of a grind. We are so fortunate to live within a few minutes of the cancer centre and it only takes a couple of hours from the time we leave the house to when we get home. It just weighs heavily. We have a close friend who is also receiving treatment there and occasionally our schedules mesh and we get to visit with her husband in the waiting area. Once the treatments are finished on December 12, we'll have a complete break from the hospital for a month - until mid January. That will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment