Friday, 11 September 2026

Sashiko BFF (Biscornu Fully Finished)

I finished stitching the biscornu and fully finished it. Because I had altered the pattern to accommodate the fabric I had on hand, I had a heck of a time determining where to put the backstiched border on the bottom fabric. I counted, pinned every 10 stitches, then in the other direction. I wanted the bottom to be centred. Finally I decided to start stitching the outer border. I had to pick out and redo entire sides to make sure I had it centred. 

Then came the task of sewing the top to the bottom. Because I had made sure there were an even number of stitches each side of the centre, this was a fairly easy task. However, the fabric was not totally square - the warp was wider than the weft so I had to make sure I had the correct sides together.

All the being said. I stuffed it on the last pass of sewing it up, found a pearl button for the top and a pearl-coloured bead for the bottom.




It was a LOT of stitching but not difficult and pretty fun.

Tomorrow I will be attending the bridal shower of my grand-niece, Andrea, in Cambridge. Of the 13 attendees who RSVPd affirmatively, I know her mom and aunt (my two nieces),  as well as the mom, sister-in-law, and cousin of the groom whom I spent Christmas 2024 with in the Dominican Republic. 

I hope to leave here in time to have an hour or so to have lunch and possibly pay a visit to Len's Mill Store before moseying over to the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment