Sunday 3 June 2007

"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"

Last night Skip and I went to Roy Thomson Hall to see the oratorio (like an opera without staging and costumes) version of "Monty Python's Life of Brian" called "Not Just the Messiah (he's just a naughty little boy)". Eric Idle is the first cousin of Peter Oundjian, the conductor of the Toronto Symphony and they decided to do a project together. There were 103 musicians and 4 bagpipers on stage for the show. The first part of the program was a mini-pops concert. The TSO performed John Philip Sousa's "Liberty Bell March" the theme song of "Monty Python's Flying Circus", "Nimrod" from Elgar's "Enigma Variations", and the 4th movement of Beethoven's 7th Symphony. What a treat! None of us were expecting that.

This morning we went to see my mother-in-law who is in a chronic care ward in a hospital waiting to get into a nursing home. It was a short visit. She was more intent on watching TV than visiting with us. Skip had been to see her last Wednesday so it was like a bonus visit for her. Still, I think she was glad we came.

I'm still working on the bath mat. I just didn't do a lot of knitting today. I made granola and snoozed on the couch after our excursion.

Skip and I are looking forward to watching the second last episode of "The Sopranos" this evening. It wasn't on last weekend because of the US Memorial Day.

I finished the first Sockotta sock on the GO train on the way to the show last night and started the second one in the food court at the Eaton Centre at dinner. I have about 5" knit on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment