Sunday 2 November 2008

Odds and Ends

I've kind of had knitting ADD today. Maybe it was because of the extra hour of sleep that I got 'falling back'. I worked on the Clapotis Numéro Deux which I found buried in a bunch of UFOs. It's about half done.





















I also continue to work on the indigo Norwegian Woods shawl. I finished the repeat of the second chart - budding leaves - and will begin the 'emerging leaves' chart next time I pick up the project. I ordered some KnitPicks Gloss Lace yarn in the Pinot, Port and Aegean colourways. It is extremely inexpensive, well regarded in most Ravelry projects I've seen it used in, has good yardage per skein (440 yd.) and has the blend of wool and silk that I like - 70/30 respectively. I look forward to working with it.

This evening I knit another petal bib using cornflower blue Creme de la Creme cotton worsted.
















I also wet blocked the first clapotis. I wasn't completely happy with the look of it so after a good blocking into a rectangular shape, it looks much better and now measures 4" wider - 11" by 58".





















I am going to try another solution to my felting dilemma with the felted socks. Martina and Vickie suggested I actually boil them to finish felting them completely. This may be a project I undertake tomorrow.

Skip and I got our flu shots yesterday - the first day they were available at a regional clinic. Any time I can get something free from the government, I'm there. I don't know if it's the flu shots or the fact that I wash my hands a lot and am no longer exposed to germy students but I haven't had a cold in 4 or 5 years. This is a good thing. What I'm doing seems to be working.

1 comment:

  1. Just think ... all these knitting projects are happening b/c you got hooked on knitting SOCKS! :^D

    ReplyDelete