Sunday 23 November 2008

Plateau

I have been working at losing some weight since July when I retained the services of a personal trainer for 6 weeks of 3x a week sessions. Since then, I have continued following the meal plan and doing some exercise. Although I have lost 14 lb., my weight loss seems to have stalled lately so this week I decided to step up my workouts. I did three Zumba classes this week and a BodyPump (weight-lifting) class this morning. I know I'm going to feel achy tomorrow as Anne Marie and I head to Buffalo for a couple of days.

I finished the hardanger stitching on a Christmas ornament yesterday from the "2005 Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornaments" issue. I now just need to cross-stitch the N, O, E and L and cut the holes and the outline of the ornaments which will be strung on a ribbon.

(click on the photo for a bigger view)














I'm almost finished the Cable Ribbed Gaiter - a pattern I modified from Leigh Radford's book, "One Skein". I'm using yummy Alpaca Cashmere Tweed by Estelle in the Rose (10) colourway. I cast on 144 stitches and did 2x2 ribbing in the round for 1 1/4". Then Set-Up Round: (K2, P2, K6, P2) until the end of the row. Round 1: (K2, P2, C6F (slip 3 stitches from the left needle onto cable needle and hold to the front; knit the next three stitches from the left needle; knit the three stitches from the cable needle), P2) to end of row. Rounds 2 - 6: (K2, P2, K6, P2) to end of round. Then repeat rounds 1 - 6 until gaiter measures 5" or desired length. Then do 2x2 ribbing for 1 1/4" and cast off.

In this picture, I'm almost done the cable rounds and will be starting the ribbing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment