Thursday 9 April 2009

Madli's Scarf

I have started blocking the lace scarves I knit while I was in Texas. Blocking takes a bit of time - 20 minutes for the yarn to soak, a half an hour or so to get the wires through the sides, a couple of hours to dry - but the results are sure worth it.

Before . . .

















and after blocking.





















Before . . .

















and after blocking.






















Madli's Shawl pattern from Nancy Bush's "Knitted Lace of Estonia" using KnitPicks Gloss Lace yarn in Aegean colourway and 3.75mm needles. Pattern modifications: For the Madli Lace Edge, I cast on 59 stitches and did 3 repeats of the pattern. In the last row of garter stitch, I decreased 4 stitches evenly across the row (approx. every 12 stitches). That gave me the stitches (55) to do 3 reps of the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment