Monday 27 April 2009

Multi-Tasking

I have several projects on the go.

The Flower and Leaf shawl is looking much better since it was frogged and reknit with the correct centre decrease.

On the left the decrease on the flower stem leaned to the left. On the right, the decrease is clearly in the centre.

















I also have been working on the Nightsongs (Gail) shawl.

















Yesterday I started a Lace Ribbon Scarf with the yummy Black Lamb Soy Silk yarn.

I'm hoping I don't get too bored with the pattern as I have about 70 more inches to knit.









Skip has been asking me to knit him a nice scarf and I finally settled on the Labyrinth scarf from the Labyrinth Duo from the Winter 2008 Knitter's magazine.

It's a nice superwash merino yarn - Queensland Collection Rustic Wool. I bought it for almost half price at Mary Maxim a while back. This project will use all 4 balls - at least a start at stashbusting.

I finally settled on this pattern because the scarf is reversible and will be a nice weight. Once blocked the 'maze' will be evident.







Tomorrow I'm visiting Marion for two days at her daughter's place where she is house-sitting for three weeks. We're going to hit the yarn shops in London and St. Thomas and do a lot of knitting - ergo the term 'knitting camp'. There's also a hot tub to soak in. Wednesday night we're going to see 'Dream Girls' at the Grand Theatre. Then on Thursday morning, I'll continue westward to my sister's where I'll visit with her spend the night. Friday morning I'll meet my former colleagues for breakfast and then drive back to The Big City where I'm meeting Lorna, Nancy and Sue for dinner. We haven't seen each other in ages.

1 comment:

  1. you've come a long way from knitting just socks!

    have a fun time away!

    ReplyDelete