Sunday 3 May 2009

Knitting Camp

Last Tuesday I drove to southwestern Ontario to visit my friend Marion who is house/dog-sitting at her daughter's place for the next couple of weeks. While there at 'knitting camp', we did some knitting, went to three yarn shops (Little Red Mitten in St. Thomas, London Yarns in Hyde Park and Needles and Pins in London) and a stitchery store (Thread and Eye), browsed at Chapters and did some knitting, went to 'Dreamgirls' at the London Grand Theatre and drove by my old sorority house.

639 Talbot St. was the chapter house of the Alpha Omega chapter of the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority from the 1930s until the early 2000s. I lived there from 1974 - 1976. The 120+ year-old home became too costly to maintain so was sold after the chapter's charter was revoked. The new buyers have carefully returned her to Victorian splendour.

































On Thursday morning I drove on to Petrolia for a quick visit with my sister, niece and her family. The next morning I met with my former colleagues - retired lady teachers from St. Patrick's High School - who meet the first Friday of every month. I then drove back to Toronto to meet Lorna, Sue and Nancy for dinner downtown. We hadn't all been together for almost 2 years so we had a lot to catch up on. We ate, yakked and laughed for 4 hours.
















Yesterday was Scooter's piano recital. He performed a Telemann Fantasia and a Schumann piece. He sure looked grown up.

I am wearing the Madli scarf from "Knitted Lace of Estonia" by Nancy Bush in KnitPicks Gloss Lace in the Aegean colourway.











Tomorrow Skip and I are driving to the Point Pelee area and will be going on a birding hike on Tuesday morning at 8:45am. It isn't supposed to rain but we'll certainly dress warmly.

1 comment:

  1. Knitting Camp would be lovely! I would have loved to hear the piano recital ~ what great music to knit to.... I'm glad you are so proud of him!!!

    ReplyDelete